How To Choose The Most Suitable Belts For Men？
Most guys don't give their belts much attention. It's just a tool for them to avoid their pants falling.
What they don't realize is that belts affect your overall outfit significantly. It can be one of the centers of it all, or the one thing that destroys it.
So, how do you decide correctly? What measurements do you know to look for? What should you get in color and material?
Please don't worry, we will answer all of these and more in this article. You will find us going over the fundamentals of the man's belt.
1、Composition Of The Belt
Buckle: A buckle refers to the metal hardware that is attached to one end of a belt. A buckle may consist of multiple pieces or just a single piece.
Prong: This is the rod that helps tighten the belt through a hole in the belt.
Frame: The frame refers to the outer part of the buckle that surrounds the rod and claw.
Bar: By keeping its nomenclature true, the rod refers to the joint between the strap and the post. The strap is wrapped around the rod.
Chape: The Chape is the joint between the strap and the buckle. It holds the strap and buckle together.
Strap: This flexible strap is made of cloth or leather and is wrapped around the waist to act as a connection point between the buckle and the end of the strap.
Keeper Loop: It holds the end of the belt in place and prevents it from flopping around. There are two types of keepers; one that attaches to the buckle and stays in place, and another that can be fastened anywhere. You can both add and remove the second type of keeper.
End Tip：This allows the end of the belt to be cushioned from damage over time, and also helps the belt to buckle easily. The end tip may have a leather or metal construction.
2、How to choose the right belt size?
Now, let's get right to the point. About how to pick the right size.
The size of your belt is determined by your waistline. So, the first step is to first know how big of a pant you eat that fits best.
If you're wearing a 34-inch pant waist, then a belt marked 36 inches - 38 inches is probably in the right range. Of course, the easiest way to check is to try the belt on in the store, or at least wrap it around the waist of your pants.
Keep in mind that when it is worn correctly, it will sit a little tighter.
3、Style Of Belt And Buckle
The larger your belt buckle is, the less formal it is. Formal belts usually have very small, flat belt buckles (and often narrower belts themselves).
Larger, round belt buckles are commonly found on more casual styles. Almost all dress belts will have a gold or silver finish.
- Buckle with tongue:In this case, the belt slides in a metal ring.
- Belt buckle with hook:A plate made of metal or plastic is attached by sliding a hook on the back of the buckle over the front of the belt.
- Buckle with sliding hatch:The belt passes through a metal pin that presses the belt there.
- Braided belt:Because the belt is braided, there are no holes. Instead, the tongue can slide between any of the straps.
- Frame Style:The basic style of a formal men's belt - a simple rectangle.
- PlatesStyle: They are usually decorative and informal and are commonly found on the belts of cowboys and motorcyclists. These belts feature a hook in the back that goes through the belt.
- Box Frame:The case is hollow and the straps pass inside, with a nail to keep the straps in place. This means that these straps do not need to be perforated.
- Ring Style:One or two rings make the buckle through which the belt is fastened, usually in a casual style.
- Snap buckles:This is made up of two ends that snap together like a harness. It is not often used unless you are trekking outdoors.
- Leather : It's much more formal than other styles, but keep in mind the color and the shadows, which change the formality of the belt.
- Leather-backed ribbon: The ribbon is made of leather and allows you to stand with bright colors from the crowd. They're generally well done with activities like sailing and pairing with shoes.
- Canvas: Canvas is usually used to emphasize functionality with uniforms with flat buckles.
- Webbing: Webbing is an outdoor material that is often used. Don't match that with a suit.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is a bold and colorful choice for young people who want to stand out in style. However, they may not look equally appealing to seniors.
4、The various Belt Categories
Dress belts are usually made of fine-grain leather, both above and below. They should be no more than 1.5 inches wide or they become a casual belt (which I will describe below).
The end of the belt should be long enough to fit through just the first loop of your pants.
The quality of the leather is a common factor. Calfskin is the most common material used for this type of belt, and a good belt will have soft leather.
However, some bolder variations can be made in lizard or crocodile skin.
The wider the belt, the more casual it will be. But be careful not to go below 1.5 inches, because you'll be entering female territory.
Like I said above, a casual belt is usually about 1.5-2 inches wide. A casual men's belt can utilize the same colors and leathers as a formal belt, but it can come in a wider variety of styles.
These belts come with a twisted buckle to give your closet some versatility. All you have to do is pull the buckle up and twist, and there you have it - you have a second belt.
The reversible belts usually come in black and brown sides.
5、Men's belts purchase
Sometimes very similar look belts vary considerably in cost.
Flex the belt so it didn't get broken or started cracking. Another good leather test is to score your fingernail very lightly – the leater remains soft and fresh if a weak line appears. Hard, old leather is going to resist your nail.
Building is the other important factor that affects belt price. Look for small, tight stitches wherever the leather is seeded without loosing ends.
Buckles can be changed with a snap on the rear of the belt, while the only one that can be worn with the belt is a stitched buckle – some managers can find the flexibility to pay more for a snacked belt, particularly in the good leather.
In some leather goods shops, men's belts can even be customized.
Belts & Jean Markup
With regard to designer products, some high-end jeans have a well-known label between two belt loops. You may be tempted to release the belt to make the label more prominent.
Don't do that.
Unbelievable jeans, even costly ones, make you look as a slob. Choose a slender belt which lets others notice your fantastic style – or not, and let them show that part of your label. You're not going to impress them anyway, if they weren't in the know, right?
Colors of Belt
Leather should always be paired with leather. This rule is always with you in formal and casual wear: brown leather shoes with brown belts, black with black.
A shiny belt should match a highly polished shoe; a matte shoe with a matte belt. If you wear loafers that are not made of leather, you have more freedom to play with. Cloth shoes can be paired with different colored cloth belts.
Rare animal prints can be very expensive, but are often considered casual.
A very high quality ostrich skin belt is too flashy for a business occasion (but can look very sharp on the outside).
Snakeskin and other reptile patterns are also striking choices - just remember how much attention you want drawn to your midsection.
If the belt is the most unique part of the outfit, people's eyes will turn there. The same applies to bright colored belts in more traditional materials.
Through this article I believe you must already have a certain understanding of how to choose a belt, if you want to buy a men's belt you can choose the one you like from GSG men's belts.
If you have any questions you can contact us.